From Rabbi Blog
Trying out 'SourceRSC' from Brainless in order to keep the FoCA CounterStrike Source server up to date with the Fast Asset Download Server.
- Grabbed the download file and unzipped it on my Windows machine.
- Ran it once, generating the ini file
- Edited the ini file for accounts and paths between the two servers
- Moved everything over to the linux box
- Ran the program
Issues Dealt With
- Had to set both PASV entries to TRUE in the ini
- linux-sourcersc.sh didn't work (even after renaming the target properly)
- run the program manually with $ mono SourceRSC.exe
- Had a map that just won't work, otherwise everything else was good. I should post to the author and relay the map for his testing.
- deagle_crypt_dmw_b3.bsp - fails on the upload side
Right now I'm on 6 of 152 for syncing, however this looks pretty slick so far. I'll add the sv_downloadurl to the server.cfg after this is done.
I'll CRON the job maybe at 2 a.m. and 11 a.m. (off peak hours). I'll also give directions on logging into the linux box and firing it off manually if needed.