Migrating Google Plus Accounts
From Rabbi Blog
Disclaimer: This is Circle specific, it does not move assets.
I was happy to find that Google had allowed G+ access to apps accounts and I could finally separate my Rabbi Bob account and my alter-ego Mike Beane without compromising my Rabbi Bob-ness. Really, I don't care what Robert Scobel says about pseudonyms either. I found it interesting that I could not find his posts, even the one linked to from the article. Being able to delete comments seems equal to or worse than using a pseudonym, but anyway...
I first started migrating individuals the hard way: typing them in. Then I realized I could share a circle between accounts (or with anyone really) and that's when it became easy.
Note: works best with two browsers
- Log into the source account in one browser
- Log into the target account in another browser
- Friend yourself (you may be able to skip this)
- Open your Circles list in the primary account and select a Circle
- Select SHARE
- Enter the target account as the receiver & share the Circle (Example 1)
- Check your notifications on the target account (Example 2)
- Open the notification you sent yourself
- View the Circle
- In the 'Create a new circle or add to an existing circle' box, type the name of the circle (Example 3)
- Click ADD TO (or Create as necessary)
- If you're cleaning house, delete the Circle from the source account.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
It was that easy!