Curlup Dec 2012
From Rabbi Blog
You're most likely here because @rabbibob sent you a message to confirm that you're interested in Curling. Below are the details including cost.
There are 8 people in a group and a max of 24. In the past we've filled 2 groups and my goal is to fill the slots based on received payment ("the check is in the mail" is good enough).
Putting together a Curling team (or 2) for the December 16th You Can Curl Experience.
- Event: You Can Curl Experience
- Description: The You Can Curl Experience requires eight people and $200 to rent one sheet of ice. You get two instructors who will give you the overview, take you down on the ice for the quick course and then you curl for two hours under their guidance. All must be older than 12; stiff knees and bad backs can be accommodated, but everyone must be sure-footed with good balance. Wear clean, loose, warm clothing and BRING a clean pair of sneakers to wear on the ice.
The club sports three sheets of ice so one or two other games may be played at the same time.
The fee is non-refundable unless the ice can be re-rented
- Contact: For more information send an email to membership by clicking here.
- Start Date: December 16, 2012
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 1:00 PM
- Some pictures from the last few years on Flickr
- The bulk of communication will be done via Twitter using @rabbibob and the hashtag #curlup
- Target Date: 12/7/2012
- Group 1 Payment has gone out
- Working on assembling Group #2 - 4 people have paid to date (12/8)
- First come, first curl
- Groups of 8 are needed to secure a sheet.
- BCC will not refund your money once the sheet is secured, however I will hold payment to BCC until the full group of 8 is together.
- Payment options
- Snail Mail
- Email rabbibob [at] gmail.com and include #CurlUp in the Subject - I'll send my mailing address
- $25 per person
- $26.06 if you are using PayPal to offset the fees (ref: PayPal Fee Calculator)
- Send PayPal to rabbibob [at] gmail.com and include #CurlUp in the message
- Factor in the stamp for Snail Mail and the fact you don't have to walk to find an envelope, write on it, lick it, walk to the mailbox... the $1.06 isn't bad.
- Snail Mail
- If you are assembling a group, I'll need to know who is in your group so we keep the tally correct.
- Teams are proposed (we haven't done this before) and I've done my best to divide up the experience, keep those who know each other together (at a minimum your playing against your guest if bringing a friend)
- Bold = paid (see first pay, first curl above)
- Bold Italics = Check is in the mail (not the 'Czech is in the male' lionkeeper/zoo joke)
- @chaddah 7+
- @GibranGraham 6+
- @CurrierMatt (@GibranGraham) -0
- @JessicaSleeth -0
- @GriffinClubMerv 6+
- @rurugby 1+
- @mattmill 3+
- Sarah B. (Matt) 1+
- @rabbibob 8+
- Friend #1 (@austonianb) -0
- @GreyMaxim -0
- Friend (@jennygr4) -0
- Ryan 7+
- @austonianb 1+
- Friend #2 (@austonianb) -0
- @jennygr4 2+
- I'll see about the experienced players immediately hitting the sheet to get playing.
- @GriffinClubMerv has mentioned planning out the after #Curlup meal area, stay tuned