Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
From Rabbi Blog
Found the base for this recipe at Recipe 4 Living.com and put it together for a work function. Altered some parts (see below).
- 1 32 oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lb. sausage, diced & cooked
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 dozen eggs
- 1 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
- Create a layer with the following on the bottom of the slow crockpot
- Frozen potatoes
- Follow with bacon & sausage (hand-full each)
- Add onions & green pepper
- Finalize layer with cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl
- Pour evenly over the crockpot mixture
- Cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours.